Got Talent, No Passion

bored, bored, bored words
Am I the only person on the planet who is able to do a couple of things well but has no passion for them? 

There are tons of articles online that talk about following your passions. Many also talk about your interests and talents being indicators of your passions. Nobody talks about being knowledgeable or talented in an area or two yet not feeling passionate about those things. If this is being discussed somewhere, I haven't found it yet.

I've been pondering this for quite awhile now. I can write and I know a lot about an industry that I worked in for many years. I enjoyed both things for a long time but for the past couple of years, I don't care nearly as much as I used to. Instead of flowing, it feels closer to struggle. Probably, I'm changing...but into what?

The one part of writing that still gets me excited is the sharing of helpful finds. This past week, as I found myself once again trying to sort out why I've been going through these feelings, I realized that I've been offering up researched sites, links, videos, etc. in most of my work. When I think about doing something like bringing Burt Goldman to people's attention, I feel good. That's just one example of an exciting find for me and I always hope that what I discover makes others feel good, too.

If feelings are our indicator, our internal guidance system, like Abraham suggests, then maybe I'm already following my passion. Too bad I hadn't let myself in on that fact so I could stop thinking incessantly about these things. 


Perhaps, I'll try to forget about the subject and see what I notice. I'm not good at that, just yet anyway, but I'm curious enough about what might happen that I just may succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Ad *
Click here for Go for Your Goals