What If...? A Game of Infinite Possibilites

What if... a game of infinite possibilities
What if...? A Game of Infinite Possibilities!
Let's play a game of "What if..."

Just in case you've never done this before, here are the rules:

1.  You need a few minutes (or longer) when you can relax and daydream


2.  You have to really let yourself get into it. Engage your whole being and all of your senses

That's it. Only two rules.

 

 

How to Play the What if...? Game


Now, please keep in mind that this is simply how I do it. You may have another way of doing it but I can't imagine what that would be.

Okay, ready?

Get comfortable, whatever that means to you. Sit, lay down, stand on your head - doesn't matter.

Now, take a deep, relaxing breath and pick one thing you'd really like to be, do or have. Got it? Good.

Start slowly and gently leading your thought in the direction of your desire. Don't worry about whether or not it seems farfetched. You're simply daydreaming now.

Ask yourself a what if... question about your desire then let yourself drift with it.

What if you got that job/promotion/new couch/whatever, doesn't matter what it is?

Let the thought linger a moment then start exploring. What would it feel like? Or look, smell, taste and sound like? Would you meet interesting people, experience more freedom, fun and abundance?

Just let yourself continue to daydream uninhibited for as long as you can or want, or until your face starts aching from your perma smile. :)

Use this easy method for anything, anytime, anywhere for practical or fantastic purposes. No one else knows what you're thinking, so you can safely and privately enjoy the full experience.

My Recent Experience Playing "What if...?"


Last night, I was very tired but unable to fall asleep. I tossed, turned, pounded my pillow into different shapes and watched the hours tick by. To compound matters, my neighbours upstairs arrived home (loudly) at midnight and began vacuuming, hollering at each, dropping and moving things. This went on for an hour and 45 minutes. So, if I had been asleep, they would have awakened me.

My frustration was growing rapidly. I was seriously worried about being awake all night. I decided to play, "What if...?"

I started with something like, 

What if it was utterly quiet as I fall asleep, save for the sounds of crickets and tree frogs. I love those sounds, they relax me and make me sleepy. 

The noise was still going on upstairs, which forced me to really concentrate on those nighttime sounds. That was easier than I thought it would be, given the neighbour situation. Still, because of the distracting ruckus, I had to kick things up a notch.

Next, I included my pillow:

What if I had the world's most expensive and comfortable pillow? It would be absolutely perfect for me. My head and neck would sink into in exactly the right place. It would be amazing!

That was starting to feel pretty darn good, so I took it a step further:

What if I had the most comfortable mattress in the world? Can you imagine how fast I'd fall into a deep, rejuvenating sleep? Especially with the beautiful and luxurious bed linens I'm snuggling into.

That was my point of no return. It spread like ripples in a pond, extending to the bed ends, tables, lamps, etc. Before I knew it, my What if...? had me sleeping in the most restful and relaxing bedroom on the planet!

Ohh, I really got into the scene I was creating, right down to the peaceful lulling of those crickets and tree frogs through the open windows.

It was at this point that I surfaced from my What if...? state to notice that my neighbours had gone completely quiet. I've no idea when it happened.

I said, "Thank-you" to the universe and returned to my dreamed-up bedroom and quickly fell asleep, a smile on my face.

Interesting What If Side Effect



This morning, as I was drinking my coffee and watching the hummingbirds feed, I started playing What if...? unintentionally. Cool, right?

What if I divorced my negative thoughts?

When I realized what I was doing, I was so excited about the world of infinite possibilities those two little words offer. Anything, everything. Plus, it's fun and I believe that last night's game felt so good that my being wants more of that. Lots more. And I intend to indulge it. :)

Give it a try. Seriously, I can't recommend it enough. It's free, relaxing and if you really engage yourself, feels oh-so-good! As we all know, that raises your vibration and helps you to align with your desires. What could be better?

How about you? Have you already played, "What if...?" If so, please share your experiences or results in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Ad *
Click here for Go for Your Goals