Resistance is Doing It Backwards

There's a time for action and a time for non-action. I have more trouble with the latter, especially if I'm stressed out. In an attempt to find peace and feel better, I feel like I just need to do something to take care of things. Then, I think to myself, I can relax.

At times like that, two things are happening:
  • I'm attracting more stress
  • I'm not letting the solution come to me
_____________________________________

Resistance Never Works!

______________________________________
Rather than relaxing first in order to objectively see what's really going on and what needs to happen, I make it my goal. In other words, in that situation, I'm doing it backwards and therefore blocking my inner guidance system. That's resistance, which never works.

One of the things I'm working on in 2009 is to stop myself so that I can become still and listen before I become stressed and jump back into habitual resistance. In that way, my life will be easier and more relaxed. Who knows what surprises lie in the answers that will arrive in the form of divine inspiration by my doing so. I'm looking forward to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Ad *
Click here for Go for Your Goals