Changing Your Story

I was listening to Abraham-Hicks on Hay House Radio this morning. I often tune in, especially when Abraham is speaking. The focus of today's program had to do with the stories that we're telling to and about ourselves. It was the basic, what you focus on expands, but with some excellent reminders and pointers.

I find that sometimes I've thought that I was thinking about what I want when in fact, I was thinking about what I didn't want. In case you're new to Law of Attraction, when you think about you don't want, you get more of what you don't want.

A great example is when we think, "I want to get out of debt." When we repeat this story, we are actually attracting more debt because we are thinking about and vibrating debt. It is better to think about how we want our life to be - abundant, prosperous, financially independent and secure, etc. Erase the word debt from your mind and conversation. Treat it as a memory that you quickly dismiss without value if it comes up. Don't feed it any energy and it can't grow.

In my case, I find that I need to be more mindful of those automatic thoughts that run through my head. This is especially important to me now, as I want to make 2009 the most magnificent year ever. It's only the second day of January, but so far I haven't done too badly. The occasions that I found myself slipping into old habitual thoughts, I caught the thinking midstream and changed it without being upset with myself.
I can't wait to see how things will manifest as a result of my new story and vibration. I'm sure that the more I practise, the more naturally it will happen, and the greater the results.

What are you telling others and yourself about you and your life? Will you be changing your story in 2009?
Happy New Year and all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Ad *
Click here for Go for Your Goals